Itw de Sigrid Bouaziz pour Dazed And Confused (Satellite Voices)



Inside/Out : Sigrid Bouaziz

City inspiration with a real it Parisian girl

The Joakim's (Tigersushi boss, DJ and producer) little sister (25 years-old) has modeled for A.P.C, Vanessa Bruno, Bettina Rheims, inspired the title of the last Poni Hoax album (« Images Of Sigrid ») and do the actress for some arty movies. She's also djing for good music selections at La Cave de La Fidélité or for the blog L.A.D.R.I.

Satellite Voices: What’s your occupation... a) during the day & b) at night?
Sigrid: So during the day, I spend almost all my time there, doing interpretation, dance, singing (and many more) classes. Also preparing plays, recently I worked with Olivier Py. When I'm not working as an actress, I spend a lot, a lot of time listening music, looking for new, rare stuff. I can spend a whole day only doing that, I'm completly obsessed ! I post music on a blog L.A.D.R.I.
During the night, I'm always doing something ! Almost each evening I see my friends, and we go to bars, concerts, restaurants, or parties. When I go to club, it's really to dance, if I don't like the music I leave. I used to go every night at parties, now I'm more focus on my work. But exchange is essential.

SV: Where do you live and what inspires you about that area of town?
Sigrid: I live in the 11th, around Belleville, Couronnes. It's a real melting area, there's a lot of muslims. I live in front of the most engaged Mosque of Paris. On the street behind, there's a jewish orthodox school. And at night there's a lot of young people too, going out in all those cafés Rue Jean Pierre Timbaud. In my street there's only muslim shops, and in the middle of those shops there's a fancy bar... I love those contradictions. For me it means the city. I used to live in the countryside where there's just nothing and no real melting pot. I love living there. I love to see all those different faces, people. There's something intense.

SV: How long have you lived in your city and what brought you there?
Sigrid: I lived there since 8 years. And I came to study when I was 18.

SV: What does your city mean to you?
Sigrid: I love Paris because I had to desire it. I loved to grow up in the countryside but at the end, I was so excited to come to A city, so many things to do, to see, so many people to meet, so, so... A living city where there's always something interesting to do ! Even if we say that Paris isn't the coolest city, I'm still very excited about all the things the city offers me. And all those lights; I'm fascinating about the fact that a city is always illuminated. It makes me dream.
The energy is never Off. You can choose to be off, but the city never stop. I came when I was 18, and since I'm in Paris, I have the impression already to have lived a lot different lifes, I'd experienced different lifes, because of all the opportunities you can find here. University, modelling, doing fashion for magazine, organising art performance, djing, acting... and a big choice of people ! Because I live here life is unforeseeable.

SV: Can you talk about the best creative youth cultures in your town?
Sigrid: I don't think there's one best creative youth culture in Paris or I don't know it... I see that there's good intitiatives, in different preserves. For theater, I'm thinking about a few people: Sylvain Creuzevault, Vincent Macaigne, Les Chiens de Navarre, La Vie Breve... For music, I like my brother's label (Tigersushi) and his music. I feel really close to his tastes. The big problem in Paris, there's not enough space ! We need more big places where loud noise is not a problem. We have a lot of old theaters or concert halls, but we don't have some good modern building, and big, compared to NY, Berlin, or other big cities.

SV: What are your plans for the weekend?
Sigrid: Friday I'm going to see my cello player friend Gaspar Claus whose playing in St Merry's Church. It's a performance with other musicians around the movie 'The Freemartin Calf' of Jayne Amara Ross. Saturday, I have reherseal at the Conservatory, and at night I'm djing at La Machine du Moulin Rouge. There's also an opening at La galerie du jour Agnes B of Kader Benchamma, he's a drawer. I love his work. Sunday, I don't know yet.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés